Civil service law
Our specialists in the field of civil service law litigate, provide advice and negotiate in various fields of civil service law. The section assists both individual civil servants as government entities. For instance in matters concerning the Standards for Remuneration act (“Wet normering topinkomens”) and termination of employment contracts or appointments. In addition to that they are active in various sectors: from municipalities to the state (employment contracts), from police to defence (appointments). They are also very familiar with common rules.
Essential for a correct evaluation of these matters is in-depth knowledge of civil service law, the law on collective bargaining or legal status regulations. You can confidently leave those matters to our specialists, as they are well-recognized as such in the Netherlands.
We are always informed of the latest developments in civil service law and we can quickly translate them into practical advice. We always take the (political) context into account and have a broad experience with politically sensitive conflict. Our focus is always the best result possible, putting your interests first.
We share our knowledge in leading publications and by conducting training and we also teach civil service law at various educational institutions and universities.
Civil service law, legal matters
The lawyers of our civil service law section negotiate, advise on and litigate about matters such as:
Individual civil service law
- Termination of employment contracts or appointments
- application of collective labour agreements or individual agreements
- individual matters with police, defence and justice
Collective civil service law
- standardisation matters
- common rules
- collective bargaining law
- education law
- Standards for Remuneration act (“WNT”)
- Civil Servants Act (“Ambtenarenwet 2017”)
- specific legislation for police, defence or justice
- primacy of politics
- assumption of risk
- consultation with trade unions
- defence, including NATO
De Voort Advocaten: Our approach
The approach followed by our lawyers and staff is characterized by:
- commitment: always bringing the best out of ourselves
- quick and accurate action
- doing business in style: honesty and sincerity
- co-operation: client, lawyers and support staff work together purposefully
Let’s excel together